Thank you for your interest in working at Dresden International School.
Why you should join our school:
- DIS is an established and growing International School with an innovative atmosphere;
- With faculty from over 20 countries, we offer a truly international work environment. Values such as openness, curiosity, tolerance and mutual respect are ingrained in every one of our employees;
- We value our staff and invest in their development;
- Our faculty and staff build close bonds and friendships. We enjoy working (and playing) with one another.
DIS recruits teachers globally. In addition to our website, vacancies are advertised in the network of CIS (Council of International Schools, www.cois.org) and Search Associates (www.searchassociates.com). Most interviews occur via Skype.
Ideal applicants should be committed to inquiry-based learning, computer literate, interested in the German language and culture and experienced in teaching second language learners. At least two years teaching experience is desired.
DIS promotes and maintains a safe and healthy environment for students and staff. As part of that effort, we verify all previous employment and educational work listed on applications by contacting the schools and universities directly. We want to ensure that we have a comprehensive understanding of your professional history and experience.
English Teacher for our Middle Years and Diploma Programme
We are looking for a qualified and experienced teacher for English Language / Literature and English as Additional Language for our Middle Years and Diploma Programme. The position is available from January 2018 onwards and terminated for a Maternity Leave cover.
Please send your application to our Secondary Principal, Steven Ellis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Time PYP Music Teacher
For School Year 2018-19
Dresden International School is looking for an enthusiastic and talented music teacher to head up a new music program in the primary years program; and to coordinate an After School choir and instrumental program.
The successful candidate will be:
- Fluent in English
- Able to work full time (8:00 to 16:30)
- Have a minimum of one year of teaching experience in a primary school setting
- Able to generate a classroom culture that is engaging, student focused and effectively managed
- Willing to co-teach ‘Dance and Movement’ lessons
- Able to coordinate an After School choir and instrumental program
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will meet the following Essential Criteria:
- Be a fully qualified music teacher and hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Hold a relevant teaching license
Please email your resume along with a cover letter in English, outlining your suitability, to the Primary Principal: Mrs. Gita Peterson, email@example.com
Please note: Dresden International School does not charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g. application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Dresden International School will never ask for information about bank accounts to support a job application.