Our mission is to cultivate a coherent, transdisciplinary programme of inquiry through best practice, with a focus on the whole child and continually improving student learning and well-being.
- Primary School: Grades 1-5
- Curriculum based on the programme and philosophy of the International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Common language is English
- Further language is German
- Average class size is 17 students
- International teacher team
- All-day programme from 7:00 until 18:00 (classes from 8:20 until 15:25)
- Special support for children whose native language is not English
- Learning and homework support
- Numerous afternoon activities in sport, creative, and service-oriented endeavours
- After School Care for up to Grade 5, as well as a holiday programme for students up to Grade 4
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) at DIS combines best practice and research from several different national systems and from a range of international schools. It is a challenging, transdisciplinary curriculum designed to engage and make learning relevant for our students. As a certified IB World School, our educational programmes follow the high standards set by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). At our school, children from many different nations learn and discover the world around them together. Our goal is to foster the development of all our students on their individual paths to becoming responsible and open-minded citizens.
The curriculum at Dresden International School is guided by the philosophical framework of the PYP. The PYP supports a body of significant knowledge for all students in all cultures in six principal curriculum areas: languages, social studies, mathematics, arts, science, and personal, social and physical education.
We invite interested parents and procpectives families to our (online) Information Sessions. Have a first-hand look at our school, learn more about the program, and gain a better sense of whether your child might be a good fit at DIS.
Next sessions for preschool (Kita) children is coming soon:
> 24 March 2021, 18:00 - Focus on preschool (ages 1-5)
> 25 March 2021, 10:00 - Focus on preschool (ages 1-5)
Our events provide information inEnglish and German.
Unsere Veranstaltungen stellen Informationen in Englisch und Deutsch zur Verfügung.
Students from Kindergarten (age 5) and Grade 1 to Grade 12 study at the main school campus in Dresden - Altstadt. The modern campus facilities with a large sports hall offer an excellent opportunities for students to progress in their learning successfully at all ages.